1. The Information We Collect and Use
- RepDoor collects Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, when you register for RepDoor, create a model profile, or create an agent or creator profile. We also collect Personal Data when you sign up for email newsletters or alerts on RepDoor. Personal Data may contain your name, email, contact information, your location, pictures, videos, as well as other information you provide to RepDoor.
- RepDoor logs your visits and use of RepDoor, including the RepDoor IOS and Playstore app, such as when you view or click on content, submit to agent, or ads, perform a search, install, or update one of our mobile apps. We use log-ins, cookies, web beacons, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you, your location, and log your use.
- RepDoor collects and stores data about you when you use RepDoor’s messaging platform to communicate with other users.
2. How RepDoor Uses Your Data
- To create an account for you to use the RepDoor platform and services.
- To personalize RepDoor to give you a better experience, such as sending you targeted agents based on your choice of agency search.
- To respond to your requests or to manage user accounts.
- To receive product feedback and understand our users better in order to improve RepDoor.
- To monitor the safety and security of the RepDoor service.
- To use data and content about users for communications promoting membership, agent posting, and engagement with RepDoor, on RepDoor’s properties and across other platforms.
- To target and measure the performance of advertisements displayed to our users directly by RepDoor or through third party advertising partners, on and off RepDoor.
- To verify that RepDoor account owners are 16 years of age or older, in order to comply with COPPA, the CCPA, and the GDPR.
- To verify your identity, in order to protect the safety and security of our customers.
RepDoor may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction where all or a portion of our business is sold or transferred. We also may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if disclosure is required by law or as part of a lawsuit or government investigation or proceeding, or in order to permit us to exercise or preserve our legal rights or take action regarding potentially illegal activities or to protect the safety of any person.
RepDoor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor information, comments or other content that you voluntarily disclose and post to the Websites.
RepDoor also reserves the right to remove information upon the request of any third party.
3. How RepDoor shares information
The RepDoor service allows you to share information with other users by sending and receiving messages on the RepDoor messaging system. When you send email or message RepDoor customer support, RepDoor will collect and store your name, email address and the content of your message so we can provide customer support.
Participating in RepDoor Community Forum
When you post messages on the message boards on RepDoor, the information contained in your posting will be stored on RepDoor servers and will be openly available by other RepDoor users and across the world wide web.
Other Parties Designated by You
When using the RepDoor Service, you may share your data with other parties designated by you. For example, when applying to an agent on RepDoor, you may share personally identifiable data with the recipient of your application.
From time to time, we may partner with unaffiliated companies or individuals for market research, product development, quality assurance testing, or similar purposes. These companies or individuals may be provided with access to personally identifiable information, but we will require by contract that they agree to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of such information. We also may subcontract with other companies and individuals to do work on our behalf; they may be provided with access to personally identifiable information, but only as needed to perform their functions.
RepDoor, as a data controller, collects and shares data with different data processors in the following categories:
- Technology and Infrastructure: RepDoor distributes data to processors in order to host, enable and support the RepDoor platform and service.
- Analytics and Reporting: RepDoor distributes data to analytics platforms to better understand user behavior and track key business metrics, in order to provide a better service to its users.
- Marketing Partners: RepDoor distributes data to marketing companies to facilitate email marketing, IOS app messaging campaigns, on-site promotions, and social media, search, and display advertising campaigns.
- Identity Verification: RepDoor works with external data processors to verify the identity of users and to confirm their date of birth, in order to protect the safety and security of customers on the platform, and to comply with applicable laws such as COPPA, the CCPA and the GDPR. You acknowledge that our vendors may provide us with certain sensitive information including your name, date of birth, and criminal history.
International Data Transfers
Information, including information collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred, stored, and processed by RepDoor and its services providers in Nigeria and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of your country. We will protect your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed and take appropriate steps to protect the information in accordance with applicable laws.
4. Children Under 16
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
RepDoor does not knowingly collect Personal Data on our Websites from children under the age of 16 without the prior consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
This section also notifies parents of (i) our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent and (ii) all operators that collect or maintain information from children through Websites.
5. Data Retention
RepDoor retains personally identifiable information for the maximum period allowable by law, where there is a reasonable business need or legitimate interest to retain such data.
6. Links to other Websites
7. Security of Your Data
RepDoor is committed to protecting the security of Your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect Your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We attempt to follow policies and procedures that will protect against unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. No amount of measures is 100% secure, however. We cannot make any promises or guarantees that your data will be safe, and you provide information to us at your own risk.
8. How To Contact Us
You may contact RepDoor ltd regarding our privacy practices at the following address:
Suite 37 Aaron Mall Olubunmi Owa Lekki Lagos, Nigeria,
Phone #: +234 817 269 7189
If you have any questions regarding RepDoor’s privacy practices, need to access the policy in an alternative format due to a disability, or if you would like to access, update, or delete your personal information, please contact same address as above.